Report from multiple sheets not showing row data

We have a report that we have been using for a couple of years and have just discovered that it is no longer showing row data. It appears that the issue is within the group and summary functions of the report on 2 of the sheets. The report still shows the group and summary info but it won't show the rows. I only get the rows to populate when I eliminate 2 of the 3 sheets we need.

I have no idea why this is happening. Please help.

Answers

• Darren Mullen
    Darren Mullen ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisUPC Yes, currently when you group a Smartsheet report and have over 2500 rows, it doesn't show the rows, just the groups…… That's why eliminating 1 of the sheets makes it work since it reduces your row count.

You should see a warning somewhere on the report, I think it shows at the bottom? I forget.. but look at the report, and you should see a note about the 2500 row limit.

If you are looking for summarizing the data, you'd have to have a metrics sheet that summarizes the data over the multiple sheets.

• ChrisUPC
    ChrisUPC ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Darren.

I discovered that reports are limited to 2500 rows shortly after posting this thread.

I also learned the summary function still works even though the row data doesn't show. I verified this by checking sums and counts on the original sheets. Seems silly to limit the rows to 2500 since the grouping and summary functions still count all of the data. Just another quirk of Smartsheet. Maybe one day they will fix this.