Working between sheets

Hello community! I'm trying to see if there is a way to link two sheets together based on an action. I see that workflows will let you move/copy rows to other sheets, but that is all. I have one sheet that is set up with a form. When someone fills out the form, I would like it to check off a box on another sheet that they have taken the form. Is there any way for this to happen?

Answers

• Cory Page
    Cory Page ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless something has changed Smartsheets doesn't let things trigger using automatons or webforms. The problem that drives me nuts is that even formula's refuse to refresh unless someone goes into the sheet. I have had luck in the past with locking then unlocking rows which seemed to refresh formula's but that seems to have stopped working. If you don't mind waiting an hour between updates you could use an automation "Change Cell Value" then use a formula to monitor the webform sheet. This could check a box and then you could use index/collect or index/match to pull it over to your sheet that needs to be checked. You could use a unique match in your webform in this case it seems like the user. Hopefully this helps a bit.