Update to Is Not Blank Formula?

How do I make this formula operate the way I need to. If there isn't a due date or a status, I don't want it to get flagged as at risk yet.

=IF(OR(Status@row = "Completed", [Due Date]@row = " "), 0, IF(AND(Status@row <> "Completed", [Due Date]@row - TODAY() <= 3, [Due Date]@row - TODAY() >= 0), 1, 0))

Answers

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You could try something like this at the start of your nested if formula:

=IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Due Date]@row)), (NOT(ISBLANK(Status@row))), 0, IF(…

Having this at the start, it will ensure that items that do not have a status and also do not have a due date are not flagged.

Your completed formula would look like this adding on what you already had:

=IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Due Date]@row)), (NOT(ISBLANK(Status@row))), 0, IF(OR(Status@row = "Completed", [Due Date]@row = " "), 0, IF(AND(Status@row <> "Completed", [Due Date]@row - TODAY() <= 3, [Due Date]@row - TODAY() >= 0), 1, 0)))

Is this what you were looking for?

• I remember now why I had abondoned this effort. The cell is not considered blank if there is a formula in it.

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jeannie_Biles I'm not sure which fields you have formulas in, but you can also use different qualifiers instead of the isblank function, such as a ISDATE() function for the due date (assuming you have this column formatted for dates) and you could use a OR(NOT(), NOT()), etc. type function for the status field to rule out all possible statuses (assuming there is a limited list of dropdown or possible outcomes for this field).

Hope this helps!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!