Hide Unhide Columns

Hi @Genevieve P., @MMcLain,

Last time I checked the Community Discussions on the subject of "hide unhide" under the categories of Smartsheet Basics or Product Feedback there were 1,076 posts about the subject going back over more than 5 years.

It seems like some product improvements need to be delivered in this area!

While some posts are about filtering columns, permissions to change columns or row hiding (which can be achieved in other ways), a large majority of them simply want a better way to manage or hiding and unhiding of specific columns.

In an earlier post on this subject, I suggested that it would be a good idea to define 'Hidden' as a column attribute/property, in that way we could enable a feature to toggle ON 'Show All Hidden Columns' button or click a dropdown arrow option to select specific columns to display, then toggle OFF 'Show All Hidden Column' and all the pre-defined hidden columns would not show – instead of needing to re-select e-v-e-r-y i-n-d-i-v-d-u-a-l c-o-l-u-m-n AGAIN to re-hide them.

Please tell us that this functionality will be available in the imminent release of the new Table (formerly Grid) View for sheets.

Adrian Mandile
CHESS Consulting Australia - Smartsheet Solution Provider Gold Partner
Collaborative | Holistic | Effective | Systems | Solutions

Tags:

Comments