Dashboard for Existing Project Portfolio Reports

Hello,

We have approximately 300 projects built out at the project level with a summary report. We did not implement an intake sheet as this portfolio predates use of Smartsheets. I am trying to build a portfolio dashboard that does not require use of the intake sheet that some of the portfolio templates require.

I've attached a screenshot of our summary report for reference. I am trying to get charts on counts for project health, project status, etc.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffV I could be missing something but initially my comments would be that having an intake sheet should have no bearing on the ability to make any chart really unless it was based on intake (pre-project provision) information such as how many requested projects vs approved projects or something similar. The best bet in these cases is to create copy/new reports just to drive charts and not try to utilize the same/existing report for a chart due to the way a chart source needs to be setup. Obviously I can't see / know all that you're looking for but I would probably 1.) save this report you have as a new chart only report in a charts folder… 2.) Remove all the columns other than the project health and project name or something similar 3.) Group it by project health 4.) Add a summary to the project health column. 5.) Make that a chart… then 6.) Save another copy, but change the group to project status and the summary to project status… then make a new chart for status.

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com

• JeffV
    JeffV ✭✭

Hi Matt - thanks for the quick response. That method does work. Question is do updates to the data automatically occur in each segregated report from the original? So as PM's update their plans, does the project plan health report update also as well as the other reports to separate out the grouping?