Countifs with two conditions

I was having a hard time with this formula - Not sure why I am getting it wrong.

What I am trying to do is -

If Column A is Student and if Column C has Enrolled or Enrolled - Incompleted, Count. The formula I have is follows:

=COUNTIFS({Courses Projects}, "Student", {Courses Status},OR(@cell = "Enrolled",@cell="Enrolled-Incomplete"))

Tags:

Best Answer

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@topazfae You're formula worked for me when I recreated it. I would double check each reference. Sometimes when creating a cross sheet reference it'll save the sheet, but not the column in the sheet. Maybe edit and confirm both references not only go to the sheet, but also show the highlighted column. If not select it or even delete/recreate the references… slowly to confirm they're highlighted before finalizing that reference.

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com

Answers

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@topazfae You're formula worked for me when I recreated it. I would double check each reference. Sometimes when creating a cross sheet reference it'll save the sheet, but not the column in the sheet. Maybe edit and confirm both references not only go to the sheet, but also show the highlighted column. If not select it or even delete/recreate the references… slowly to confirm they're highlighted before finalizing that reference.

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you getting an error message or an unexpected result?

I notice that when you were typing out what you were searching for, you had spaces on either side of the hyphen in "Enrolled - Incompleted", but you did not have those spaces in the formula. You also have the "d" on the end of "Incompleted" in the typed out version, but that is missing from the formula version.

I would suggest starting with making sure you have matched up exactly what you have in the source data and what you have in the formula.

• topazfae
    topazfae ✭✭✭

You're right, the formula is correct. I just had to remove the formula and did it again from scratch. Even though the formula is the same, this time, it worked. Thanks.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!