Questions about formatting in the Calendar App

Marc Shecter
Marc Shecter ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I like the Calendar application and would like to start using it in presentations. Now I build my own rickety calendars in Google Slides, but would like to just take a screen cap of one of these instead. However, I have three questions that are preventing me from using it.

I was wondering if anyone has found a workaround for these shown in the screen capture below:

1. Is there a way to make the row's height taller?
  2. Is there a way to show Quarters on one row and the three Months contained within the quarter on the row beneath?
  3. Is there a way to shorten task bars so they visibly look like they end closer to the actual date the task ends?

Thanks,

Marc

Tags:

Answers

• Hi @Marc Shecter

1. The height of the grouping is dependent on the number of tasks/items in that group at a specific time. For example, if you have two or three tasks around the same dates, they would appear above/below each other. This would expand out the label on the left - does that make sense?

2&3 Quarters will just show the Quarter at the top, as you've found, and if the date ends in that quarter it ends when the quarter ends.

What about using multi-month instead? To see both the Groupings and the Month? Keep in mind that the task bar will still fill the Month that the task ends in, even if it's only 1 day in.

Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post per suggestion in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community.

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now