Is there a way for a shared Dashboard to list specific data for an user

cabbsman
cabbsman ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a use case where I have shared a dashboard to multiple people. All users are Smartsheet licensed. I also have a Smartsheet with the user's contact information (email) in one of its columns (named contact). This column includes one of the people who are accessing the shared dashboard.

I want to add the Smartsheet to the dashboard but instead of showing all the rows, I want to only display the rows that match the user id who is accessing the dashboard. I figure I would do this by comparing the user ID who logged in to see the dashboard against the contact columns in the Smartsheet and only display those rows that match.

Can this be done? Can I add the Smartsheet to a shared dashboard where only the user signed in can see his specific rows on the Smartsheet?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/23/24 Answer ✓

Hi @cabbsman

You can create dynamic views in Smartsheet reports that filter data based on the user's email address. These reports can then be embedded directly into your dashboard.

Create a Report:

Set up a Smartsheet report that filters rows based on the email address in the "contact" column.
    Configure the report to filter based on the current user's email address automatically.

Embed the Report:

Once the report is configured, embed it into your dashboard. This ensures that each user who accesses the dashboard sees only the information relevant to their email address, as specified in the report's filter.
    Set the report widgets's Viewer Mode section to "Their own perspective."

Breadcrumbs

It is a good practice to create a Breadcrumbs column so that users can see their task's hierarchy.
    The example uses the PARENT function, but you can use the JOIN(ANCESTORS()) function for more complicated projects.

Answers

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    edited 08/23/24 Answer ✓

Hi @cabbsman

You can create dynamic views in Smartsheet reports that filter data based on the user's email address. These reports can then be embedded directly into your dashboard.

Create a Report:

Set up a Smartsheet report that filters rows based on the email address in the "contact" column.
    Configure the report to filter based on the current user's email address automatically.

Embed the Report:

Once the report is configured, embed it into your dashboard. This ensures that each user who accesses the dashboard sees only the information relevant to their email address, as specified in the report's filter.
    Set the report widgets's Viewer Mode section to "Their own perspective."

Breadcrumbs

It is a good practice to create a Breadcrumbs column so that users can see their task's hierarchy.
    The example uses the PARENT function, but you can use the JOIN(ANCESTORS()) function for more complicated projects.

• cabbsman
    cabbsman ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much!

• cabbsman
    cabbsman ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much!

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp

Happy to help!😁