Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Help! I accidently deleted a sheet and need it back!

Options
JohnHinkle
JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I accidently deleted a sheet that contains important inormation and I didnt create a backup. Is there anyway to recover my sheet?

Tags:

Comments

• Sam S
    Options

Any sheet you deleted will be in your Deleted Items folder on your Home tab for 30 days before it’s permanently deleted. Find the sheet in your Deleted Items folder, right click, and select Undelete.

Hope this helps!

• Beth Kennedy
    Options

I accidentally deleted a web form -- my bad!  Unfortunately, there was no way to recover it.  I think it would be helpful to be able to retrieve a web form and add the ability to choose the date of the back up you need to retrieve rather than having to bug support each time.  I love the "deleted" items folder, that has saved me a couple of times.  Also, shout out to Smartsheet support, very thorough and quick on responding, sure appreciate you all!

• Steve Prentice
    Options

I would like to suggest the developers add an "Are you sure" dialog box to the delete button, which is, for some reason, very easy to hit when moving tabs around. Perhaps a little yes/no box that says "Are you sure you want to delete this sheet?"

P.S.I love SmartSheet. Just adding my hopefully helpful 2 cents.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 03/04/16
    Options

Steve - clicking the X will not delete a sheet but will just close it. When you do select the delete option, you are prompted with a message asking if you are sure you want to delete the sheet. 

Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 11.31.48 AM.png

• Jean Black
    Options

Because we have numerous users of our master sheets, and it is so very easy to delete information from any cell, I have set up an automatic 'report' in excel format  of all my master sheets to be sent to myself at 8pm every week day.  This will allow me to find the content of any unexpected blank cell.  No need to keep them forever, but it has saved my bacon on more than a couple of occasions.  These are valuable backup copies.

This discussion has been closed.