Hello! I'm New to Smart Sheets and the Community!

Hi All! I'm working on a sheet/form to allow my team members the opportunity to apply for daily early outs if permissible. What I'm looking to do is to auto populate their hire date once they submit their email on the form (from a drop down list). We have approximately 800 team members so I was looking at the best/easiest way to handle this. So far I've tried the IF function but I'm unable to make it work. Any ides/suggestions or "how tos" would be appreciated.

Answers

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@b1gtyme33 The best way to do this would be to create a "record a date" automation into that date column with the trigger of when the email is added. This assumes that I'm understanding you to say the date that they enter their email would be their hire date.

IF I misunderstood and you already have a hire date and you want that date in another cell when the email is populated, then you could do an if() statement similar to:

=if(isblank(email@row),"",hiredate@row)

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com

• Hello! No, I can either place all of their emails/doh's in a separate sheet or this one, but the DOH would need to auto populate in the main sheet when they submit their email address in the original request form.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!