How to create a sheet with over 400 columns?

Hi.

I am trying to create a sheet that will allow for:

• up to 40 sites/persons updating their information (these would be in rows)
  • Answering over 400 questions (which I would have like to put into columns - to enable updating and automation)

What is the best layout / option for this sheet? Any advice very welcomed.

Many thx,

Derek

South Africa.

Best Answer

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Derek Arnoldi

Smartsheet provides a complete Project Management platform that can summarize data into a single sheet if you'd like. However managing work on that same sheet is not really how its designed.

400 columns is the limit but you could combine multiple sheets into 1, or multiple reports, depending on how you want to see the data. The intention here is that consuming 400 columns of data at once isn't really realistic, so with reports you can separate that data into more usable buckets.

Probably not the answer you were hoping for, but I hope it helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

Answers

• Is there anyone willing to collaborate (help or advise me) with this sheet….?

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Derek Arnoldi

Smartsheet provides a complete Project Management platform that can summarize data into a single sheet if you'd like. However managing work on that same sheet is not really how its designed.

400 columns is the limit but you could combine multiple sheets into 1, or multiple reports, depending on how you want to see the data. The intention here is that consuming 400 columns of data at once isn't really realistic, so with reports you can separate that data into more usable buckets.

Probably not the answer you were hoping for, but I hope it helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Thx so much; really appreciate your response. I had not considered the PM platform - but will definitely looking into this. I will also reach out to our Account Manager. Thx again.😉