Is there any way to retrieve data that was deleted from a sheet?

If a grid sheet had 1879 rows of data in it and all of those rows were deleted, is there any way to get all of the deleted data back after it's been saved? I tried looking at the Activity Log but it doesn't show the data and I need it restored in the columns it belongs to. Is this possible?

Tags:

Answers

• Shimanta Roy
    Shimanta Roy ✭✭✭✭

From activity log, you can request Snapshot where you deleted the rows. It will send an Excel file to your email where you can find your lost data. You can then copy and paste those data back to Smartsheet or import the file to Smartsheet.

• Meesh
    Meesh ✭✭✭

When I pulled the activity log it came up with a bunch of rows showing "Row 1: (blank) <This deleted row has no content>". All rows that were deleted had data in the columns so I'm not sure why they are coming up as blank. Is there a way to restore stuff within a given time or is the data permanently deleted if it's saved?

• Isaac A.
    Isaac A. Employee

Hi @Meesh!

As @Shimanta Roy mentioned, the best way to retrieve your data is to request a Snapshot through the Activity log. You can find more information on how to do that here: Sheet Snapshot.

If you're unable to request a snapshot on your own, I recommend contacting our Support team for assistance. They can send you a Snapshot of a previous version of your sheet, which will be provided as an Excel file containing your data and comments. You can reach out to our Support team through the Support portal.

You can also find other useful resources here:

I hope this information helps!

Cheers,

Isaac.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024🎉

October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now