Unable to access Smartsheet in Safari

For several months I cannot access Smartsheet in Safari ("please standby while Smartsheet is loading")! I am forced to use Chrome which I dont like, but which works. I have cleared cache and erased history in Safari but to no avail. I am using Safari 16.2 on a Mac 12.6.2. Any suggestions?

Note, even asking this question i have to do from Chrome; if i click "ask question" in Safari , i get error: { "Code": 403, "Exception": "Invalid CSRF token. Please try again.", "Class": "Gdn_UserException" }

My Safari works perfectly for everything else.

Answers

• Hi @dizzy_brain

This forum and Smartsheet are two different applications, so it seems like there may be an issue with the specific Safari instance on your computer.

Is it possible that you have a specific extension in Safari that you don't have in Chrome, which is why it works in one and not the other? Let us know what you find when you go through step 2 of this article:

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2482310-issues-loading-saving-downloading#toc-step-2-troubleshoot-issues-caused-by-browser-extensions

Select the Safari Settings (gear) icon in the upper-right corner of the browser, and then select Preferences > Extensions

I googled the error you got when trying to post in the Community and received these suggestions:

An "invalid CSRF token" error message can appear when a browser is unable to create or access a secure cookie to authorize a login. This can be caused by a number of things, including:  

*Ad- or script-blocking plugins or extensions  

*The browser itself not being allowed to set cookies  

*Old or corrupted cookies 

However since you cleared cache (and I assume cookies) on Safari, then it does sound like the first bullet point may be what's blocking your browser.

Let us know if this helped!

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now