Cannot Edit formula?

I had my recruiter create a SmartSheet that we want to use to calculate starting pay for new hires. She has a few formula columns designed to assess the weight of a candidate's experience but she's running into issues/errors with some of them and I'd like to help. She's made me an Admin on this sheet but I am unable to access/edit the formulas. I've tried selecting F2, right clicking and viewing the column properties, etc…nothing works. When I mouse over (screenshot) I can see most of the formula but that's as far as the system is letting me go.

Best Answer

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It looks like your recruiter has created column formulas. Try right clicking on the cell and scrolling to the bottom of the menu. You should see an option there to edit, or convert the formula back to a cell formula (that you can also edit).

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It looks like your recruiter has created column formulas. Try right clicking on the cell and scrolling to the bottom of the menu. You should see an option there to edit, or convert the formula back to a cell formula (that you can also edit).

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!