Days to go formula

I have a dedicated column "days to go" I'm trying to get the formula to take the networkdays between today and the start date (accounting for dates in the "holiday helper" column.

This formula works but gives a negative number. If the date is 5 days in the future I'd like it to read 5 not -5. If in the past be negative, not a positive number. But i can't seem to tweak this formula to achieve that. Appreciate help, thanks!

=IFERROR(IF([Start Date]@row = "", NETWORKDAYS([Start Date]@row, TODAY()), NETWORKDAYS([Start Date]@row, TODAY(), [Holiday Helper]:[Holiday Helper])), "")

Best Answer

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You could swap the start date and end date, so rather than days from Start Date to today, do today to Start date

=IFERROR(IF([Start Date]@row = "", NETWORKDAYS(TODAY(),[Start Date]@row), NETWORKDAYS(TODAY(), [Start Date]@row, [Holiday Helper]:[Holiday Helper])), "")

Does that help?

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You could swap the start date and end date, so rather than days from Start Date to today, do today to Start date

=IFERROR(IF([Start Date]@row = "", NETWORKDAYS(TODAY(),[Start Date]@row), NETWORKDAYS(TODAY(), [Start Date]@row, [Holiday Helper]:[Holiday Helper])), "")

Does that help?

• Angela.R
    Angela.R ✭✭✭

I thought it should be that easy - I kept getting an #UNPARSEABLE when swapped the TODAY() and the [Start Date]@row. I realize now with your help, there should not be a ) after the last [Start Date]@row So, I had one " ) " too many. Thanks!

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help @Angela.R - glad you got there.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!