Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Scheduling on non-working days and holidays

Options
sgarner
sgarner
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have labor day in my non-working days' list. Smartsheet is still scheduling jobs on that day. I am running by predecessors. What is going on here?

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 08/31/17
    Options

Hello,

A couple of things to keep in mind when using non-working days and holidays:

• The Dependencies functionality will allow you to set the start date of a task to a non-working day or holiday, but will push the end date of tasks to the next available working day. If tasks are starting on Labor Day, you may need to manually adjust them (add lag time or manually set the start date to the next working day).
    • If you defined holidays on an account-level, it won't retroactively apply to existing sheets. Make sure your holidays are defined on the sheet level. Details on this are in the help article: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/516392-defining-working-non-working-holidays-on-a-project-sheet
This discussion has been closed.