Copied Smarsheet as new, now Conditional Formatting will not work at all

I copied a Smartsheet and changed some of the column headers. I deleted all the Conditional Formatting because it no longer applied. Then when I set up new Conditional Formatting, very simple - if this cell says YES, make the row green - it will not work at all.

Best Answer

• SSFeatures
    SSFeatures ✭✭
    edited 09/19/24 Answer ✓

Hi,

I just created a sheet, setup conditional formatting, copied the sheet, deleted conditional formatting, and then re-added the conditional formatting, and everything worked as expected.

I notice in your screenshot that it looks like you're changing the "Task Bar" color, rather than row's color.

Can you try updating your conditional formatting and click on this button instead, to make sure that it sets the row's color?

SSFeatures

Answers

• SSFeatures
    SSFeatures ✭✭
    edited 09/19/24 Answer ✓

Hi,

I just created a sheet, setup conditional formatting, copied the sheet, deleted conditional formatting, and then re-added the conditional formatting, and everything worked as expected.

I notice in your screenshot that it looks like you're changing the "Task Bar" color, rather than row's color.

Can you try updating your conditional formatting and click on this button instead, to make sure that it sets the row's color?

SSFeatures

• Hahaha thanks. I've done that right a million times, but I was busy and my brain was buzzing. Make one minor mistake and don't see it, then start circling and circling until frustration.

I didn't even notice the issue until you pointed it out, thank you.