Count formula referencing another sheet with 2 parameters

ssuser01
ssuser01 ✭✭
edited 09/26/24 in Formulas and Functions

Hello All!

Need a little help- I have a formula where I need to reference another sheet and then count based on two criteria. Right now I am getting and error would love another perspective. The formula is going for if the sheet has Monthx and MonthX count.

Below is what I currently have for a formula.

Tags:

Answers

• Adam Murphy
    Adam Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What error are you getting with your formula?

If I had to guess, you set the {Maintenance Log - Master Homepage - 2 Range 6} to cover multiple columns/fields which is unsupported (the range size between the criterion range and the criteria have to be the same size as far as I know). If you specify a range for the Month column and one for the Week column and use those instead your formula should work?

Sorry I am not following this "The formula is going for if the sheet has Monthx and MonthX count."? Do you mean you want to know whether a given month appears in the second sheet and if so count how many times? Where does the Week number come into play?

If you are trying to count how many times October appears and how many times Week 1 appears, you could simply use =Countif({Month Range}, Month@row) + Countif({Week Range}, Week@row)

Hope this helps!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Your syntax is correct, and there is nothing else in your screenshots that could give a clue as to what is wrong. Exactly what error message are you getting?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!