Procore and Smartsheet Sync for Budgets/Forecasts

Hello,

We're starting to integrate our construction team into our broader Smartsheet project pipeline for new construction projects. I'm wondering if anyone has had any success or guidance on how to pull budget and forecast data from Procore into Smartsheet.

Thanks,

Dylan

Best Answer

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni
    Answer ✓

We looked into this too - short story is you have four options:

• One-time manual imports from a CSV or XLSX Procore export. Not preferred for obvious reasons.
    • Data Shuttle scheduled imports from a CSV or XLSX or Google Sheets Procore export. Better, may be limited in data scope.
    • Bridge or other integration tool homegrown API-based data integration. More flexible, requires time and technical investment to get working and support.
    • Custom connector development by Smartsheet. They can build connector code and hand if off for you to run on your own hosted environment. Connector has basic UI and can be used by nontechnical folks. Need to invest in a technical resource to maintain and tweak code. Smartsheet dev costs as well.

To explore further I'd encourage you to talk to your account rep, they can pull in solution experts. They have done Procore integrations before and can speak to the options and complexity and help you determine what pieces of your process you need to integrate.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni
    Answer ✓

We looked into this too - short story is you have four options:

• One-time manual imports from a CSV or XLSX Procore export. Not preferred for obvious reasons.
    • Data Shuttle scheduled imports from a CSV or XLSX or Google Sheets Procore export. Better, may be limited in data scope.
    • Bridge or other integration tool homegrown API-based data integration. More flexible, requires time and technical investment to get working and support.
    • Custom connector development by Smartsheet. They can build connector code and hand if off for you to run on your own hosted environment. Connector has basic UI and can be used by nontechnical folks. Need to invest in a technical resource to maintain and tweak code. Smartsheet dev costs as well.

To explore further I'd encourage you to talk to your account rep, they can pull in solution experts. They have done Procore integrations before and can speak to the options and complexity and help you determine what pieces of your process you need to integrate.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• Dylan T
    Dylan T ✭✭✭

@Brian_Richardson,

I appreciate the detailed response. Options 1 and 2 seemed the obvious routes, but would rather not have to rely on imports/exports. I'll reach out to our rep to see about options 3 and 4, but am glad to hear that solutions have been developed in the past.

Thanks!