What text markup language does sheets use?

Reason I ask is because I'm importing an Excel spreadsheet that has basic HTML-encoded text and it displays as flat ASCII text in the new Smartsheet sheet. Example: <div> some text here <ol><li> one or more list items</li></ol</div>.

I suspect I need to convert the HTML to some other compatible markup (markdown perhaps?) for the text to display properly in Smartsheets > Sheets.

Thanks,

Rick

Best Answer

• RickEEE
    RickEEE
    Answer ✓

After additional research, I do not have an answer to the text markup language question, but do have the following observations, which lead me to an assumption - text and paragraph formatting is not allowed. The tool bar only applies to the entire cell, not individual words in that cell. Nor does the cell allow for lists or any other paragraph formatting. So I think my initial question is valid but irrelevant. I will flag it as "solved."

Answers

• RickEEE
    RickEEE
    Answer ✓

After additional research, I do not have an answer to the text markup language question, but do have the following observations, which lead me to an assumption - text and paragraph formatting is not allowed. The tool bar only applies to the entire cell, not individual words in that cell. Nor does the cell allow for lists or any other paragraph formatting. So I think my initial question is valid but irrelevant. I will flag it as "solved."