Report does not display sheet dates or dropdown menu items

Hi there, I used the "Project Management Office" template to set up different projects and then a report that pulls the information from all the projects into a central report document. I have noted that if you have drop-down options in your original sheets, or dates, these are not displaying in the report. How do I rectify this?

It is essential this information is displayed, and allows interaction. I know Smartsheet did allow this in the past, so not sure what I am missing.

Best Answer

• kowal
    kowal Overachievers Alumni
    edited 10:54AM Answer ✓

Hi Peta,

It does not matter what kind of columns (free text, dropdown list, dates etc.) there are in original sheets all of them shall be visible in the reports that you create out of them. What can be the issue is that despite all the columns have same name they could have different properties like sometimes "project status" can be "dropown list" and sometimes "project status" can be "text" in that case in reports there will be the column twice but also empty.

Please make sure all the columns you are taking in the report have the same name and same properties.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Tomasz Kowalski

The Smartsheet Lover

Is there anything else we can help you with?

MASA Consult

Find us on LinkedIn!

Answers

• kowal
    edited 10:54AM Answer ✓

Hi Peta,

It does not matter what kind of columns (free text, dropdown list, dates etc.) there are in original sheets all of them shall be visible in the reports that you create out of them. What can be the issue is that despite all the columns have same name they could have different properties like sometimes "project status" can be "dropown list" and sometimes "project status" can be "text" in that case in reports there will be the column twice but also empty.

Please make sure all the columns you are taking in the report have the same name and same properties.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Tomasz Kowalski

The Smartsheet Lover

MASA Consult

Find us on LinkedIn!

• Thank you Tomasz,

That explains it! I Knew it had to be an ID-10-T error on my part!

• kowal

awesome! Happy to help

Tomasz Kowalski

The Smartsheet Lover

MASA Consult

Find us on LinkedIn!