How do we fix a form that has required fields but is allowing those fields to be left blank?

williamsons2
edited 10/07/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Example is we have a Requester email field that is marked Required on the form. However on more than one occasion, the submission has come through with that field blank.

Answers

• Jacob A
    Jacob A ✭✭✭✭✭

HI @williamsons2,

What I would do is to use validation, especially since you are capturing email. Also, I think you should check the cell history to see how other data was captured. I know there was a time that space would bypass the required but that was a while back and we have not experienced that on our end.

Best regards,

Jacob A. PMP, AgileXP, CSM

Please kindly upvote if my contributions have provided you some value or answer. Thank you

• Thank you for that info. Being new with this, what is the validation option you referenced?

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Another thing is that if you've done significant changes to a Form, sometimes its best to create a new one and just sort of start over. Once the new one is set up, delete the first one. The sheet stays the same, the users just use a new link for the new Form.

If there's not a lot of changes, then go with Jacob A's plan.

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner