What are these lines and how do I get rid of them?

Hi!

Noob question incoming…

What on earth are these horizontal dark lines? I cannot replicate how they have been created (certainly not intentionally) and I dislike the look of them - they are distracting.

What's the best way to get rid of them?

Best Answer

• Georgie
    Georgie Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @AJSW,

It looks like baselines have been enabled on your sheet, and the start and end dates of the tasks have been adjusted since then - so the baseline bars are much longer than the task bars. Baselines show as grey bars in the Gantt chart, and your sheet will also have Baseline Start, Baseline Finish, and Variance columns (these are automatically added to a sheet when baselines are activated).

To remove baselines, make sure you’re in the Gantt view of the sheet and select Baselines at the top right, then click Remove.

Alternatively, you can hide the baseline bars by clicking Baselines and clicking the toggle next to “Show baseline in Gantt”.

For more information on baselines, check out the following resources:

Hope that helps!

Georgie

Answers

• Georgie
    Georgie Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @AJSW,

It looks like baselines have been enabled on your sheet, and the start and end dates of the tasks have been adjusted since then - so the baseline bars are much longer than the task bars. Baselines show as grey bars in the Gantt chart, and your sheet will also have Baseline Start, Baseline Finish, and Variance columns (these are automatically added to a sheet when baselines are activated).

To remove baselines, make sure you’re in the Gantt view of the sheet and select Baselines at the top right, then click Remove.

Alternatively, you can hide the baseline bars by clicking Baselines and clicking the toggle next to “Show baseline in Gantt”.

For more information on baselines, check out the following resources:

Hope that helps!

Georgie