formula

I need a formula that reflects the remaining due if not paid in full isnt checked off otherwise reflect it as a $0.00

Tags:

Answers

• rrenee
    rrenee ✭✭✭✭

I wrote a formula that essentially says if Paid in full is not checked, subtract the original invoice amount and the second invoice amount from the job total. You could adjust this to only subtract the original invoice amount as well.

=IF([Paid in full]@row = 0, [Job total]@row - [Original Invoice Amount]@row - [Invoice Amount 2nd]@row, 0)

— Generally, checkboxes are seen as 0 (unchecked) or 1 (checked), so you can write it into formulas fairly easily.

You could additionally automate the Paid in full column to check itself if job total is equal to original invoice amount, but that depends on how much you want to automate:

=IF(([Job total]@row = [Original Invoice Amount]@row), 1, 0)

I hope this helps!

Renée Roberge

• TPALJA
    TPALJA ✭✭✭

@rrenee Thank you so much that worked perfectly. Have a great weekend!

• TPALJA
    TPALJA ✭✭✭

@rrenee at a second glance it didnt work. It could be user error. It should have returned $1,044.00 in the remaining amount due column since it wasnt paid in full.

• rrenee
    rrenee ✭✭✭✭

Got it,

I did subtract the Invoice Amount 2nd as well in for the remaining due overall which was not your goal, so to calculate only the remaining due after the first invoice use this:

=IF([Paid in full]@row = 0, [Job total]@row - [Original Invoice Amount]@row, 0)

Renée Roberge

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!