Recover from a Snapshot vs Deleted Items - What's better?

Kathy PPT
Kathy PPT ✭✭✭✭
edited 10/15/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Here's the situation:

I deleted rows from the Project Intake Sheet and it screwed up the linking of the Project ID to the Project Plan and Metadata sheets for all the projects. Then I went further and deleted the project folders for those rows I deleted. Now, I can't seem to re-establish the remaining ones.

I requested a Snapshot of the Intake Sheet from before I deleted the rows. It came as an Excel sheet.

The Deleted Items contains the project folders that I deleted.

Here are my questions:

1. How do I restore the Project Intake Sheet from the Excel file sent in the snapshot.
  2. If that works, do I need to restore the project folders?
  3. Any other related suggestions or cautions are appreciated.

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• Kathy PPT
    Kathy PPT ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/14/24

Scenario:

I deleted several rows from the Project Intake sheet (PMO Template format). Then went on to delete the associated project folders. Now the remaining projects are not properly linking to the Intake sheet. The Project Plan and Metadata sheets show the correct project id but has #REF for where the name (and other info) should be. Attempts at relinking the Project IDs didn't work. 😥

I requested a snapshot of the Intake Sheet. It came in the form of an Excel file.

Questions:

1. How do I bring the Snapshot into SS?
      1. Update: I renamed the original Project Intake sheet then imported the Snapshot. Still not able to get a connection to the Metadata Project ID.
    2. If that works, do I need to restore all the project folders I had deleted? I assume I'd do that through Deleted Items menu option.
    3. Are there any cautions or suggestions?

Indebted to you for any help provided.

• Kathy PPT
    Kathy PPT ✭✭✭✭

Hi Paul,

No I'm not. I figured out how to resolve and put my notes into the ticket but didn't save. I tried it twice.

I imported the Excel file sent by my request (renamed original Intake sheet) then had to reset all the references so they point to the new intake sheet. Did this for All my projects.

• Kathy PPT
    Kathy PPT ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Genevieve P. ,
    I don't recall the exact msg, something about needing to be logged in. Though I thought I was. At least I understand now that the team merged the data.

No further explanation is needed.

Thank you!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kathy PPT

Thank you for clarifying! If anything like that happens again, you can "Report" a post to a Moderator using the flag icon and leave us a comment. We'll be happy to look into it for you 🙂

Need more help? 👀 | Help and Learning Center

こんにちは (Konnichiwa), Hallo, Hola, Bonjour, Olá, Ciao! 👋 | Global Discussions