Document Generator Attachment Delay Causing Duplicate Notifications

I created a form that users can complete and add attachments at the time of submission. Once added to a row, the form submission is then mapped via Document Generator to create a pdf file of the user’s form entry and is attached to the row, in addition to any attachments that were added by the user when they completed the form.

I have an automation set up to where if a row is Added or Changed and an attachment is Added or Changed, then a selected contact will receive a notification that contains both a message and the attachments in addition to a handful of fields that they are designated to view.

This automation used to work just fine, but lately we have been seeing a “lag” in the document generator portion, so that if a user-added document gets attached at form submission, it will generate an alert to the selected contact, and then once the document generator "catches up", it attaches a pdf file to the row, and a second (duplicate) notification will go out to the contact with the new attachment.

Has anyone else experienced this lag? Is there a way that I can revise the automation to “wait” until both attachments have made it to the new row before sending out an alert?

Answers

• SueinSpain
    SueinSpain ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I have experienced that lag and often have the report generator automation go invalid - I get a warning, edit it making no changes and save it and then hurray it works again

Not sure how to get around this

I have also found attachments show in some emails and in others only when you open the rupdate request - all very strange

Sadly you are not alone :(

Sue Rogers

AmerisourceBergen - MWI Animal Health

Business Analyst

• Renar D.
    Renar D. ✭✭

This happened to me as well. Months ago, it was working fine as intended but now, generated attachments from document generation is not included in the alert email.