Best way to get rows hidden on report, then dashboard

Greetings SS Gurus - please forgive any repeat query here, I did try to find this answer in the archives already (promise!). I am wanting to HIDE (but keep) rows (tasks) when I complete one and mark the Status column "complete." And then I want my reports and dashboards to update accordingly and not show those rows. So two questions…

1. Is a FILTER the best way to approach hiding rows marked complete?
  2. If yes to the above… then how do I get the FILTERED version of the report to show up on the associated dashboard(s)?

Thanks in advance you brilliant peeps!

Answers

• MarceHolzhauzen
    MarceHolzhauzen ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @DrJules

Welcome to the community. I noticed that you are fairly new around here so kudos for digging in the archives first!

Your halfway there in your thinking already!

Yes, filters are the best (and only way) to hide the completed rows from your report.

If you go to the report that has been included on your dashboard, and simply add the filter to the report, it will automatically display the updated version on your dashboard.

Let me know if you need more help! Happy to spend some time with you if you need a second pair of eyes or just some adivse!

Toodleoo

Marcé Holzhauzen
    Solution and Delivery Consultant with Award Winning Partner
    Want to meet?Check my availability

Find me on:LinkedIn | YouTube

www.prodactive.co.uk

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting it and reacting w/💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome.