What is the use of workApps and when to opt for it?

ryanllh
ryanllh
edited 10/18/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user, and my boss has asked me to research the WorkApps functionality in Smartsheet. After watching some videos, it seems quite similar to dashboards. Could someone explain the real use cases for WorkApps and how to determine if it's something we should be using? I’d really appreciate any demos or examples of how you’re using it in your work.

Thanks in advance!

Tags:

Best Answer

• MarceHolzhauzen
    MarceHolzhauzen ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @ryanllh

Welcome on board! We're excited to see what your Smartsheet journey turns into.

WorkApps and Dashboards serve different purposes, although both are valuable tools for organizing and presenting information.

Here is an article that might be helpfull
    WorkApps Overview

Some key benefits to note:
    1. You can share assets via workapps to your team without sharing them to the underlying data
    2. Access to assets can be managed through roles in order to avoid duplicating assets to cater for for each role type
    3. WorkAps can be customized to your organisations brand giving the user a great user experience
    4. You can use WorkApss from your mobile phone whereas some Dashboards become difficult to use on your phone

Hope this helps

Marcé Holzhauzen
    Solution and Delivery Consultant with Award Winning Partner
    Want to meet?Check my availability

Find me on:LinkedIn | YouTube

www.prodactive.co.uk

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting it and reacting w/💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome.

Answers

• MarceHolzhauzen
    MarceHolzhauzen ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @ryanllh

Welcome on board! We're excited to see what your Smartsheet journey turns into.

WorkApps and Dashboards serve different purposes, although both are valuable tools for organizing and presenting information.

Here is an article that might be helpfull
    WorkApps Overview

Some key benefits to note:
    1. You can share assets via workapps to your team without sharing them to the underlying data
    2. Access to assets can be managed through roles in order to avoid duplicating assets to cater for for each role type
    3. WorkAps can be customized to your organisations brand giving the user a great user experience
    4. You can use WorkApss from your mobile phone whereas some Dashboards become difficult to use on your phone

Hope this helps

Marcé Holzhauzen
    Solution and Delivery Consultant with Award Winning Partner
    Want to meet?Check my availability

Find me on:LinkedIn | YouTube

www.prodactive.co.uk

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting it and reacting w/💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome.

• Thanks a lot for the clarification