Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Search through Symbol Column

Arnis
Arnis
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hello,

I am trying a formula to search through my Symbol Column and get back a Symbol, if there is the same Symbol in the Colums:

I am now trying with: 

=IF([Eskalation]:[Eskalation] = "Extreme"; "Extreme"; "no Extremes")

it shows me that the formula is wrong. Anyone has any idea why?

I just want to have a Cell at top, that shows me the Extreme symbol if there are any Extreme Symbols in that column. The sheet has around 300 Rows, so its practical to see it with one look :)

Kind regards

Arnis

Tags:

Comments

• Hello Arnis,

I came up with this when testing in my sheet:

=IF(COUNTIF([Eskalation]:[Eskalation], "Extreme") > 0, "Extreme", "no Extremes")

You can paste this formula in the top cell of your sheet. If you want the cell with the formula to output the extreme symbol, make sure the column is set to a symbol column.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Arnis, I am not sure if Andrew's solution worked or not, but I wanted to point out that you were using semicolons to delineate between the different parts of your IF statement. You should be using commas instead. 

This discussion has been closed.