Pie Chart Data

Hi! I have built many pie charts in Smartsheet, but am stuck and tripped up on what is likely an easy fix…. I am trying to create a pie chart with the data below (these totals pull from other sheets, but I've also manually entered and still receive the same error), but I get an error message that the data cannot be charted. I would appreciate any help!

Best Answer

• NBW501
    NBW501 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I did those exact steps 50 times yesterday, and even had other people test, and wouldn't work. Just tried the exact steps today and it did, so I'm guessing there was a bug or glitch yesterday. Everything is working perfect today! Thank you for for reconfirming those were the correct steps! I thought I was going crazy :)

Answers

• YveNigma
    YveNigma ✭✭✭

Hi NBW501 - I hope all is well with you. You may have already figured this out already. Click add data and capture your table as the data source (try leaving off the blank total column for your first pass to see if you need it). 🙂

Regards!

Yvonne Smythe

• NBW501
    NBW501 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I did those exact steps 50 times yesterday, and even had other people test, and wouldn't work. Just tried the exact steps today and it did, so I'm guessing there was a bug or glitch yesterday. Everything is working perfect today! Thank you for for reconfirming those were the correct steps! I thought I was going crazy :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!