Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Finding the greatest value

khuntington
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I am working with two columns.

For purposes here let's call them "Description" and "Total"

I am trying to find the largest value in the Total column for rows 1 - 5 and then assign a different cell the value of the Description for that row.

I can use the following IF(AND statement to compare 1st cell to the remaining other 4 but doing it this way I would have to nest 5 such statements to compare all cells with each other.  I have not been able to construct such a long formula without getting the "unparasible" error.  Is there a better way to do this?

Trend Result.png

Comments

• Hello,

I know of one way to do this with a LOOKUP function, but you'd need to switch your columns such that your "Total" column is on left—it needs to be the first column in your lookup table.

Screenshots attached of how this looks and the formula.

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 11.27.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 11.27.22 AM.png

• I am using several columns to hold sum and count totals for other columns. These cells are then linked to a summary sheet that feeds a widget in a Smartsheets Site.

Yet I NOTICED that even though the columns are hidden in the grid (sheet) view they are presented in the "form view" (when double-clicking on the card in Card view. 

It is important that these columns are not viewable (to the customer) regardless of the view.  Why are they shown in Card View?? What can I do about it??

This discussion has been closed.