Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Simple text field option

Options
Energy Kick
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

For a specific row I want to add some notes, more notes than the note column will take, can't use the discusssion option because I want to be able to edit these notes, don't want to attach a googledoc because it just takes too long and I want it integrated in a simple text format. 

So a small icon to the left that pops open a window and I can add some notes on the item.

Maybe there is a way to do this that I have not found yet, help.

Thanks

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You could try a Hyperlink to a google doc rather than an attachment. that would be quicker.

• Ben Paskewitz
    Ben Paskewitz ✭✭
    edited 04/22/15
    Options

You can actually edit a discussion. When you are looking at a discussion history, click the dropdown arrow to the right of the discussion and select "Edit discussion"

• How long are the notes?

• Energy Kick
    Options

Thanks Ben, found that out after I posted this. I still don't like the way you have to expand the discussion window to see the note, or that someone else can add more notes and yours move down the line. 

I don't want to use Google Docs period and still think it would be nice to have a plain text field for some reference notes on a line. Not huge, maybe about twice as long as this post. List of contacts, references, project overview, sheet instructions etc.

This discussion has been closed.