Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Wrapping text

Options
tom_bryant
tom_bryant ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi,

Is it possible to ensure that wrap text is assigned at all times on a sheet? I seem to be adding lots of detail to numerous rows and I have to constantly select the wrap text icon for each row - it would save time if wrap text could be applied to all rows on a sheet.

Thanks

Tom

Tags:

Comments

• Grace F.
    Grace F. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi Tom, 

There isn't currently a way to apply formatting options to an entire sheet without selecting all the cells. When you have a moment, submit an enhancement request using the form under Quick links on the right of the community site.

As a workaround, it may be easier to apply the Wrap Text feature to your columns, which will apply it to all cells in that column. To do this, select the column header and user the Wrap Text button in the toolbar. 

• Jason Anderson
    Options

As I test I selected the first column + Shift + select the last column and I can toggle word wrap across all the columns. While not allowing it to be on by default you can toggle it whole columns at a time. 

This discussion has been closed.