Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Auto filling with formula....

Heath Sanders
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have a situation where I've added a row so I can format the row I want. For example... A1 is my dollar row which is where I put all my figures for the jobs I'm pricing. B1 is the row I plan on hiding and its where I enter the formula  =IF(a1="","Empty",a1)  then I use conditional formatting when "Enter" as per the attachment to create a cell to change color.

What I need is the format to automatically fill when I row is added. Because all my formulas work across the page (Rows) its my understanding that as long as I "A$1$" lock the formula and "Save as New" when all my formatting is finally finished, along with auto filling. My pages could work with each other when sending rows between pages without data been left behind...is this correct ?

Formatting.PNG

Comments

• P.s .....it should be "Value of Jobs" changing purple as "Word Result" will be hidden. 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Heath, 

I am a little confused by this statement "My pages could work with each other when sending rows between pages without data been left behind"

Smartsheets do not interact with each other natively. Changes you make on one sheet will not reflect on the next without a third party interaction from something like Zapier. Currently, there is no way to maintain uniformity between sheets unless you do it manually. 

IF you are referring to your formulas staying put and their activity within the new sheet functioning like the previous one, then yes. Everything you had set up on the old sheet will reflect on the new one. But the cell will be linked to the new sheet, and the function will continue to work on the new sheet as it did on the old one. 

If the rows and columns and formulas are identical, copying the row to another sheet should keep that row intact and all functions working as normal. Beware of changed column names. Smartsheets will add another column to your new sheet if it can't find it in the new one. 

This discussion has been closed.