Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Forms

Kristi Yost
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I am literally new to Smart sheet and feel very lost.  I am trying to send out a form for meetings and then they would reply on SS as to wheather they were going to attend or not?  I am notified of changes and the responses go to a different row and it does not show date of response or a name?  What am I doing wrong?

Tags:

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/09/17

Hi Kristi, 

I suggest adding a system column to your sheet. You can add a created date to your sheet and it will track the date a row is added to your sheet. I would also add an email column or name column so you can track who responds. Make sure to add the name column to your form. 

systemcolumn.jpg

• Nicole Tellez
    Nicole Tellez ✭✭✭✭

Hi Kristi, 

Yes, as Mike noted, you can add the system column to know when the response was added, but make sure you have a column for First Name and one for Last Name in the sheet - then add that to you form and make it a required response.  This will capture the attendees name and allow you to sort your data how you see fit.  

• Pam Alakai
    Pam Alakai Employee

Hello Kristi, 

I an addition to adding a Created Date column as Mike suggested, you can also add a Created By system column to your sheet. This column will collect the email of the person who submitted the form automatically as soon as they submit it. For this to work, you will want to click on Form Options from the Webform and restrict the form access to a registered SmartSheet user. This will require the users to enter their email address and password before they can access the form. The emails they enter will then be inserted automatically in the Created By column. You can learn more about Webforms from this webform article located in our Help Center: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522221-using-web-forms

Kind Regards,

Pamela

SmartSheet Support

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 4.08.06 PM.png

This discussion has been closed.