Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

auto populate start date based on sprint number OR vice versa

mmarchet
mmarchet
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Smartsheeters,

I am looking to auto-populate start date based on entering a sprint number.  OR to auto populate sprint number based on start date-  I assume that finish date will be auto populated based on duration entered (10d).

I am fairly new to smartsheet so keep that in mind smiley

Any ideas? or Articles to share?

Thanks,

Megan

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You might be able to adjust the sprint number based on the dates. But the start date / finish date, etc cannot be adjusted with formulas. 

You could in the sprint column create an IF statement that creates the sprint name but without knowing more detail it would be difficult to guide you. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you are using a sheet without Dependencies enabled, you can use a formula for the [Start Date].

However, you can not have a system using the GUI that allows both options - enter date or sprint # as the formulas will be overridden and lost when someone enters the data manually.

I have built system that provide such flexibility using Zapier (www.zapier.com) where the person can enter the [% Complete] = 100% or check the [Done] column or set the [Completion Date] to a date ... and the other two are automatically filled in. 

Craig

• Thanks for the suggestions!  I am currently investigating an integration with TFS (our devs use that to manage sprint work and backlogs).  I am hoping that I will be able to import that information from work items.

This discussion has been closed.