Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Automatic letter send when drop down field is changed

dllindblom
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I would like to set up an automatic "customized" email (letter) to the person who filled out the form (they submit their email into form).  I would like this to occur when I change a drop down field in the spreadsheet.

Comments

• Pam Alakai
    Pam Alakai Employee
    edited 10/11/17

Hello, 

The best option will be to set up a notification so that when the dropdown value is updated to a specific value, an email is sent to the contact column containing the form submitter's email address. 

You will want to set the notification criteria for:  when a row is updated to a specific value in the drop-down column, send email to the column containing the email like in the screenshot below. 

To customize the email to be sent, you will want to click on Delivery Settings at the bottom of the notifications form. You can learn more about setting up notifications here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/542904-using-notifications

Kind Regards, 

Pamela 

Smartsheet Technical Support 

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 3.54.33 PM.png

This discussion has been closed.