Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Approvals process

Wintermute
Wintermute ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

How would we notify the person submitting a request that their request was declined?

Comments

• Mike Andreas
    Mike Andreas ✭✭✭
    edited 10/19/17

Step 1: Create required columns.  See screenshot below.

Step 2: Create alert.  See screenshots below.

Step 3: Define rule details.  See screenshot below.

Step 4: Define delivery settings.  See screenshot below.

Haven't figured out how to insert screenshots in the body of this text - sorry for the "lumping together"!

Step1a.PNG

Step1b.PNG

Step2.PNG

Step3.PNG

1.PNG

• Dee Randall
    Dee Randall ✭✭✭

Has anyone had problems with notification directed to a contact in a column like in the above example. My contacts don't seem to get the notification. If I use my address I get one. 

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for this! I can see how this works for those who have been shared to the sheet, or have been entered into a dropdown list. 

I don't think it works for a free-text email address in the requestor's email column?

Thanks again for your input,

Mark

• DCarson
    DCarson ✭✭

When I am notifying the requester that his request has been accepted or denied, I do not want to send the link to the sheet.  He should only be able to see his request, not all the requests on the sheet.  How do I do this?

• basically you need to set an update request instead of a notification.

Update request lets the user update his row from a web form without accessing the sheet.

This discussion has been closed.