Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Highlight work starting on a weekend

Options
Tom Roy
Tom Roy
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I was planning to use 

=IF(OR(WEEKDAY([Start]1) = 1, WEEKDAY([Start]1) = 7), "Weekend", "Weekday")

to highlight work starting on a weekend.Where 1 is Sunday and 7 is Saturday. And then use Cond Format as suggested by Greg Gates. 

Says "Unparseable"

My Start is Date job starts column and Weekday is column indicating weekday or weekend

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The formula looks fine. If there were not date in the date column, you would get an #INVALID DATA TYPE error, not #UNPARSEABLE

If the [Start] column is valid, as soon as you hit 'Enter' in the cell, the [] should go away (they are not needed since the column name has no special characters or does not end in a number. 

If they do not, verify your name.

If they do, both instances in the formula should be syntax-colored.

If you retyped the formula into the post here, then recheck it in the original source.

I copied your formula into my sheet and it works fine.

Craig

• Jason Anderson
    edited 10/24/17
    Options

Just did a test and it seems like your formula would work fine if the targeted field is a date field. 

=IF(OR(WEEKDAY([Start Date]10) = 1, WEEKDAY([Start Date]10) = 7), "Weekend", "Weekday")

See rows 10 -12 in my Test formulas

chrome_2017-10-24_09-20-31.png

This discussion has been closed.