Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smart Sheet I have a question......"Save As New"

Heath Sanders
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi Team,

If "Save as New... gives you "Date & Formatting Options"   to tick and untick what you want. Sheet data & Formatting, Cell linking, Sheet filters and forms, attachments etc. etc. 

Why cant there be an option to have "formulas" move with the row to another sheet. If you "Save as New" five times, then you have five sheets that can duplicate each other, "Move to Another Sheet" or "Sort Rows A - Z" wont break the link as it dose with "Cell Linking". This is a game changer for my business and the team in it.  

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Heath

i'm wondering if what you are "Saving as new" are single sheets or in fact complete Folders containing Linked sheets and Reports. Which may achieve what you are looking for? Let us know if that helps? 

ps I love your profile comments about Kiwis, your own experience and my colleague Craig Williams response times for tricky questions. HaHa

RichardR

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I hadn't seen that comment in Heath's profile. That's nice.

I didn't know they had phones in New Zealand 15 years ago. :)

Craig

This discussion has been closed.