Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

If(And Future date formula not working..please help

Heath Sanders
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I cant see it for looking, this formula should work (attached0

Future Date.PNG

Comments

• =IF(AND(([Expected Close Date]1-TODAY()) > 90, [Expected Close Date]1-TODAY()) < 180),"3-6",If(AND([Expected Close Date]1-TODAY()) >181,[Expected Close Date]1-TODAY()) <365),"7-12Mths"))

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

From a quick glance, it looks like you have extra parenthesis around your and statements, which is closing them before you are finished writing them. Give this one a shot. 

=IF(AND([Expected Close Date]1-TODAY() > 90, [Expected Close Date]1-TODAY() < 180),"3-6",If(AND([Expected Close Date]1-TODAY() >181,[Expected Close Date]1-TODAY() <365),"7-12Mths"))

• Hi Mike,

Showing #Incorrect Argument now ? 

=IF(AND([Expected Close Date]1 - TODAY() > 90, [Expected Close Date]1 - TODAY() < 180, "3-6 Mths", IF(AND([Expected Close Date]1 - TODAY() > 181, [Expected Close Date]1 - TODAY() < 365, "7-12 Mths"))))

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Heath,

It does not look like you used Mike's formula

=IF(AND([Expected Close Date]1 - TODAY() > 90, [Expected Close Date]1 - TODAY() < 180  )   , "3-6", IF(AND([Expected Close Date]1 - TODAY() > 181, [Expected Close Date]1 - TODAY() < 365  )   , "7-12Mths"))

The AND's need to be closed properly. Your original formula had extra parentheses after the TODAY() function, closing the AND too early.

If you copy Mike's formula directly, it should work. It did for me.

Craig

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Craig. Yep. Your redesigned formula wasn't closing the AND properly. Try copying and pasting my original formula. Also, compare the differences between yours and mine to see how they are formed. Your formula has the AND's being closed at the very end of the formula. You have to close them immediately after you're done setting up your AND arguments.

• Thank you again gentleman. 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You're welcome. Glad we could be of help! 

This discussion has been closed.