Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Do People Share Templates?

In reading the Pacific West Land Property Management success story, it appears they have created a template that would be extremely close to what I am looking to do. Do users share templates so we all do not have to reinvent the wheel? Thank you!

Comments

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can share a template that you create if it is placed in a workspace.  Anyone who has admin access to that workspace can use that template.  As far as I know you cannot share a template any other way.

Here is an article from the Help Center with more details:

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522123-creating-using-templates 

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/02/17

Hi, 

I'd happily work with you and help you with setting up the templates that you require.

If you'd like we can book a time for a free discovery call and take it from there. How does that sound? 

Please e-mail me at andree@getdone.se and we'll take it from there.

Have a fantastic day! 

Best,

Andrée 

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I guess my post didn't clearly convey my question.

I know how to share, my question relates to templates other users have built. Do other users share those templates? Is there a way for other users to share the templates they have build?

As mentioned, when reading the Pacific West Land Property Management success story, it sounds VERY close to what I am looking to build. It just seems like we may be recreating the wheel, if you will, by basically recreating what other users have already created.

• steven.reed14881
    steven.reed14881 ✭✭✭✭✭

AA,

I know when I first started using Smartsheet, the SS account team did share some best practices sheets and reports with us, since we had no one with any experience on the application.

However, your idea sounds wonderful to me! If there was somewhere (on this Community most logically) that you find a variety of possible solutions to meet your needs, rather than creating from scratch with each new problem to solve. Although I will say, the best way to learn Smartsheet is working to create those solutions. However, sometimes I would just like to see how others solve, and tweak from there.

How about it, Smartsheet?

• Hello All,

Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for as well.   If I did not have to take the time to create an entire project plan ... if I could simply tweak one, change a few milestones add a few deliverables to make it mine ... wow. What a timesaver that would be!

Sounds like a new business opportunity for some creative entrepreneur! 

This discussion has been closed.