Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Progress Report Chart

Ga
Ga ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi

I have a table which indicates number of tasks of different sheets for each person under status Green Yellow for completed and pending tasks. I would like to have a graph on the progress of each person on over a period of time. At the moment, I have to copy paste at the end of each day, no of tasks competed versus pending of each person and then update a graph in Excel to see the progress of % of tasks competed versus pending. Is there a way smartsheet can give me how many steps were completed by each person in different sheets at the end of each day on daily basis.   

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi GA

Yes you can. You will need to insert Data triggers into each sheet that you will then be able to Query in a Report that summarises all this activity. Ideally each sheet will summarise the activity within it (count nos) so those Dashboard summaries can appear in your Summary Report. It is a fairly classic use of Smartsheet in Workflows. 

Then go to Smartsheet labs and create a graph from your report. 

Careful design is needed at each step but the simple answer is YES you can. 

Hope that inspires you to make it happen?

RichardR

This discussion has been closed.