Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Method of linking data from source sheet with an increasing number of rows

Options
scott1walker
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

The function I am looking for would allow for data to be pulled from a source sheet which is increasing in size and be kept in sync for maintaining accurate information.

To help explain, at the moment I can link an entire column of 'Engine numbers' with number n (approx 300) rows and the corresponding data with no problem. But how would I go about linking for future rows n+1?

Any help would be much appreciated if there is a feature which can perform this function.

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The only way to maintain linking between sheets right now is by manually linking cells. I know they have cross sheet lookups in development but there is no timeframe for this release. Please make a Product Enhancement Request to add this vote for your feature! 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/07/17
    Options

The premium add-on DataMesh also can do this, at least the version I used did.

(I did not care for it, but your results may vary)

We (at Smarter Business Processes) have been using AppSheet to link between sheets (in Smartsheet, in Smartsheet and Excel, in Google Sheets, all combinations) with very good results.

Depending on your security needs, it can be very cheap.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.