Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Calendar dispay

Options

I have a task sheet with assigned dates. They are assigned to people. What I want to do is create a calendar showing who is assigned a task each day. However the calendar view is showing the ID number instead.

How can I change this?

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can set your calendar settings by clicking on the gear icon in the left toolbar when in Calendar View. See my screenshot below. 

calendarSettings.jpg

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But you might need to exchange out content from the field with ID number and swap it with the name. 

• Cecelia Martin
    Options

Thanks. Unfortunately for the display I wanted it to show the persons name, so that they can see who is assigned for the task each day. But the primary column is the order number and I can't seem to display anything besides that. Is there a way to display another column?

calendar.JPG

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The only way to change it would be to switch out your primary column. You could create a new column called part number and then copy and paste the values from the primary column to the new column. Then you can adjust the type of the main column and copy and paste the contact list over to the primary column.

Have you considered using the Gannt Chart feature? It gives you more options, but doesn't display quite the same.  

This discussion has been closed.