Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Counting current months in a date column

Hello,

I am trying to get a count of due dates in the current month, here is the formula I am using and it always returns zero. the formula is in a text/number column and the data is in a date column.

=COUNTIF([Due Date]3:[Due Date]204, MONTH(TODAY()))

I,m a beginner and could really use the help. not getting errors, just a zero and there are dates in the column with the current month.

Thanks,

Chris

Tags:

Comments

• =COUNTIF([Due Date]3:[Due Date]204, MONTH(@cell) = MONTH(TODAY()))

should do the trick.  Use @cell when you want to apply a function to each cell in the range.

btw, if your dates run longer than a one year span, you might want to check the year too

=COUNTIFS([Due Date]3:[Due Date]204, MONTH(@cell) = MONTH(TODAY()),),[Due Date]3:[Due Date]204, YEAR(@cell) = YEAR(TODAY()))

• markkrebs
    markkrebs ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Theres an extra , in the formula above.  Here's the corrected one I used:

=COUNTIFS([Actual Start Date]3:[Actual Start Date]5, MONTH(@cell) = MONTH(TODAY()), [Actual Start Date]3:[Actual Start Date]5, YEAR(@cell) = YEAR(TODAY()))

Can't make it work yet if dates are missing in the column

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Mark,

What happens when there aren't any dates? How would you want it to work?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

This discussion has been closed.