Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Mirror Smartsheets

Lorenz Egner
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi all,

I am trying to find a way to mirror a certain area from one smartsheet to another. The problem I am facing is that some cells are locked and I couldn't find a way to automatically create rows and columns in the sheet it it pointing out to.

Does anybody here have an idea if there is a solution to that?

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Lorenz

I think you need to describe your workflow in a little more detail for us to properly help you but these ideas might help? 

You can Copy Rows to another sheet. 

You can use a Report with associated Query to show selected data from your sheet automatically. 

You can use Cell Linking to send data automatically from one sheet to another. 

Hope that helps? 

RichardR 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Richard is correct. If you want to "Mirror" the data from one sheet to another you will need to use cell-linking which will create a link between a cell from one sheet and mirror onto the other sheet. Changes on either sheet will affect the cell in the other. This is a manual process and can only be done one cell at a time. Hope that helps! 

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/861579-cell-linking

This discussion has been closed.