Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

multi criteria for Conditional Formating

Peter Smith
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi, 

I have a SmartSheet to show the meeting schedule.

It has several columns: strata manager, building code,.Supplies given to SM (date) ,Reminder to Accounting department" (this has the formula inside to show the date)

I just want to highlight the column of strata manager as green as for the following condition: 

1.  Supplies given to SM (date) is blank AND

2. Today is bigger than date in column of " Reminder to Accounting department"

I think Conditional format can only set for one criteria not 2

Therefore, I add additional column "Check-box delivered", with formula (=IF(AND([Supplies given to SM (Date)]1 = "", TODAY() > [Reminder to Accounting department]1), "Follow up", ""))

May I ask is there any way can do that without adding additional column "Check-box delivered"? If this is excel , it can work..... 

Thanks very much 

Comments

• Hi Peter,

You can set multiple conditions in conditional formatting - after setting the first condition, click on the drop-down and select Add Condition. 

Hope this helps,

Kara

2017-12-08_15-22-06.png

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There is, unfortunately, no "OR" condition, even "any one of these" as there are in other Smartsheet filters. Sometimes you can use AND with negated criteria (is not equal to), but the list of options there is also not complete.

Sometimes, a new column with your formula is the only option.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.