Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Give access to a WorkFlow?

Options
allison.bastone24911
allison.bastone24911 ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

We have a few shared sheets for which we need to adjust the Jira Workflow from time to time.

Currently, the creator of the workflow is the only one that has access to it.

Is there a way to share the workflow with others so that more than one person may make changes?

Thanks.

Comments

• Michael Weiland
    Options

Hello Allison,

I understand that there are a few workflows in your Connector instance that you would like multiple users to make changes to. Smartsheet currently doesn't have programmed functionality for multiple users to make changes to a single workflow, but I've added your vote for this to our enhancement request list to be considered for future development. We appreciate your input!

While using the Smartsheet for JIRA Connector, only the workflow owner can make changes to a workflow they've created. One idea your company may want to consider is creating a Disti or shared Smartsheet user, that can be used so that multiple people can use the same login to the Connector and make changes to workflows. If an employee leaves the company, workflows will not have to be recreated, and all users can access the Connector using the Disti email and make changes to workflows created by that user.

If you have any other questions, please contact the Support team and we would be happy to help!

Kind regards,

Michael

Smartsheet Support

• allison.bastone24911
    Options

That is a great workaround!  Thank you for the idea!

• dave.liao
    Options

I'd like to throw in my vote for this suggestion too. The ability to change ownership or share ownership of a workflow would really help.

The workaround of creating a shared account to create/manage workflows isn't helpful when you're trying to figure out who created an older workflow and need historical context on why it's around. laugh

• LBourg
    Options

My issue is that the person who created the workflow has already left and her accounts have been deactivated. I tried to reactivate and that did not work. Yes, we would like the ability to change ownership of the workflows!! 

This discussion has been closed.