Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Unsubscribe from email alerts

Mike Smith AGT
Mike Smith AGT ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Does anyone know what actually happens if a user selects the unsubscribe option when they receive an email alert?  Many of our alerts are not necessarily optional I don't want users to be able to just opt out of them at will.  I selected this on one myself to see what happens, but I can't find anywhere on my sheets or the alert rules where I can that this was selected.  If someone tries to opt out, I need to be aware so I can reset the alert.  Or ideally, take this option away from the email.  Any help is appreciated!  Thanks,  Mike

Comments

• Alison
    Alison Employee
    edited 12/15/17

Hello Mike,

Thanks for reaching out and thank you for this question.   I've done some testing and unsubscribing from the notification will just remove the user's email address from the rule.  There is no notification sent to you regarding any other user doing this, but you are still able to add this user's email back into the rule to re-activate the rule.

I've added a vote for this "unsubscribe" action to send a notice to the owner of the sheet or the creator of the rule to our Enhancement Request list for consideration for future versions of the software.

Information on our Alerts can be found here.

Kind regards,

Alison

Smartsheet Support

• Thank you for the response!  Yes a notification would be great.  For now I will check the rules periodically...  Mike

• I would like to add my vote for this!!

• I'm having issues sending update requests through Alerts & Actions to one email address.  I think they may have unsubscribed?  I have created new Action and Alert request and had the email user white list the automation@smartsheet.com email address and it still sends to all the "Assigned to" contacts except the one email address.  Any ideas on what may be creating the issue?  I would also vote for a notification if someone does unsubscribe.

Thanks  Steve

This discussion has been closed.